Wednesday, September 19, 2012

In The Beginning...

Lately Todd and I have been watching this show called "Doomsday Preppers".  I'm not gonna lie, it is hysterical!  Oh my goodness.  The things these people do are certifiably crazy...BUT I think there is some method to their madness.  We are surely not going to learn Tagalog just so we can communicate with no one else knowing what we're saying.  Nor are we going to practice "sweeping" our home in the dark...with guns...while tapping morse code.  However, we are going to take action regarding our own emergency preparedness plan:

  • 72-hour kits for the whole family, including evacuation plan
  • 3-month food supply, including water
  • long-term food supply 
  • Financial security
Man...that is A LOT to think about!  It can be a bit overwhelming and easily discouraging.  But, it doesn't have to be.  I'm hoping to make this daunting, yet important, planning more manageable.  I find a lot of comfort in knowing that I am doing all I can to protect my family from what may come.  

I certainly don't have all the answers and would love to hear your ideas about things you do or thoughts you have.  You can leave comments here or email me at saraandsons@gmail.com.


  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that show! I, of course, am entertained by their craziness, but I get at least one great idea from every episode. A hot tub is water storage?? Brilliant! And a great way to convince a spouse you need a hot tub.

    ReplyDelete