Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Grocery Deals 9/19-9/25

If you want to start on your 3-months supply of food storage, then you start by shopping the sales at your local grocery stores.  And if you can add coupons to that as well, all the better.  I'm planning on posting each week's grocery deals and any accompanying coupons so you can know when to buy what.

As far as coupons go, I never clip coupons...I always buy them.  In my opinion, it is the only way to go.  I always buy my coupons at Coupons And Things.  If I order my coupons on Wednesday, they get here by Saturday. They have always been very reliable.

I also plan on posting easy recipes that coincide with the weeks sale items.  Look for my super easy, super yummy salsa recipe coming this week (using canned tomatoes), as well as my chicken pillow recipe (using chicken and crescent rolls).

If I miss a sale that you have noticed, by all means, tell me!

Price Chopper

General Mills Cereal $1.79 + $1/3 (that is $1 off of 3 boxes) coupons = $1.46 per box
Keebler Cookies $1.49 + .55/2 = $1.21 per package
Best Choice Diced Tomatoes .49 (I think that is better than Aldi...but I'll have to double check)
Best Choice Canned Beans .49 (again, I think it beats Aldi)

If the tomatoes and beans beat Aldi, then I plan on buying at least 2 flats of each.  These are fantastic food storage items.   If you know Aldi is cheaper, let me know!  I know last time I went, their prices had gone up just a little on these items.

HyVee 

Campbell's Chunky Soup $1.18 + $1/3 = .85!  Stock up for the winter!
General Mills Cereal 3/$9 + $1/3 + get a coupon for $3 off your next shopping trip
Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt $1 + .50/3 = .83
Skippy Peanut Butter $1.98, limit 2.  This isn't the best deal you can get, but it is a good one.  If you need peanut butter, then get 2 of these now.
Ore-Ida frozen potatoes $2.69 + B2G1 + $1/3 = $1.46 per bag
HyVee Apple Juice .99, limit 4

Hen House  (I love Hen House because they double coupons up to .50)

93% lean ground beef 2.99 lbs.  GREAT deal for 93% lean meat.
Post Cereals 2/$5 + either $1/2 or $1/1 =  $2 or $1.50 each
Fresh Bone-In Chicken $1.49 lbs
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 2/$4 + .40/2 doubled = $1.60

Hen House 1 Day Sale, Saturday 22nd

5-lbs Bag Russet Potatoes .99
Farmland Roll Sausage .99
Best Choice Shredded Cheese .99 Tropicana Orange Juice $1.99
2-lbs Bag Carrots .99

No comments:

Post a Comment